Things to write in a card
Choosing the right message to write in a card can be a challenging task, especially if you don’t know the person you’re giving the card to very well, so here are some messages for cards to help you choose the right thing to write.
First you will need to decide what sentiment you’d like to express – should it be a heartfelt message or something altogether funnier? Is it a situation, such as a bereavement card, where you need to onserve the correct etiquette? Below are some suggestions which may help you find the perfect message for a card.
Here are some ideas for messages for an anniversary card:
- Those who hold love in their hearts are forever young! Happy Anniversary
- Loving wishes to you both. May you go on from here, finding greater happiness together with every married year
- Congratulations on your anniversary, and best wishes for many more wonderful years together
Some things to write in a Christening card:
- Wishing you a long, happy and peaceful life. Congratulations on this, your Christening day
- May this day of blessing be the first of many in your life
- On this special day and always may God look down on you, cherish you and keep you safely in his care
Messages for an engagement card:
- I’m so happy for you both, you make a wonderful couple and I know you’ll be happy for ever and ever
- Love always as you set out on life together
- We’re all really excited that you’ve taken the next step! May your future together be a bright and happy one. All the best
Funny messages for a leaving card:
- It’s sad to see you go, but you did have the best desk and I’ll look after it well
- Leaving? I didn’t know you’d started!
- We all clubbed together to celebrate you leaving. We didn’t invite you – we didn’t think clubbing was your sort of thing
Of course, there are many more special occasions when find the right messages for cards can be needed, such as an anniversary, a new baby, bereavement or sympathy, a birthday, a Christening, Christmas, driving test pass, an engagement, a get well soon, wishing someone good luck, graduation, a colleague leaving their job, a new home, pregnancy, a special thank you and weddings.
Hopefully this list will have helped you find the right things to write in a card, but if not, why not check out Messages for Cards, which should help you find the right message for any occasion.